Create a newsletter for your Etsy shop
In previous article you learned how to create a mailing list for your Etsy Shop, now it's time to learn how to create and send newsletters.
2.1 What can your newsletter contain?
Your newsletter can contain a wide range of different content, for example:
- Information about new products
- New collections
- Product care advice
- Announcements and updates about your Etsy shop
- Holiday specific content
- Anniversary emails
- Announcements about upcoming events
In the beginning, it may be hard coming up with ideas for content. We suggest that you try to send a newsletter every second week to get comfortable with the process.
Commonly, your newsletters are a part of an email campaign. An email campaign is simply the collective effort of creating content that is sent to subscribers to provide valuable content and offers.
2.2 Creating a email campaign using Mailchimp
If you are following along from the previous article, then you already have a Mailchimp account. If you haven't read the previous article, then you may create a Mailchimp account here.
- Sign in to your Mailchimp account
- Click Create in the top menu, and then Email
- Write a campaign name and then click Begin
Before you can send your email campaign, you need to complete four sections.
- In the To section, add your recipients.
- In the From section, add name and an email address.
- In the Subject section, and a subject line.
- In the Content section, you need to design your email.
You will get a checked circle for each section you complete For details on how to complete each section, we recommend you read more here.
When you have completed the four sections above. Choose between scheduling your campaign or sending it out right away. In another article, you will learn more about when it is best to send out your emails.
In the next section, you learn how to promote your newsletter.